A Twitter Town Hall is a Twitter conversation. During the hour, Global Detroit, WE Global, New American Economy, All for All, and many others will be tweeting about the economic costs of public charge. This event will provide advocates with the tools to use economic arguments against the proposed public charge, and bring attention to the incredible need for public comments and opposition to this proposed rule.
Be sure to follow the hashtags #PUBLICCHARGE and #PUBCHARGEECONOMICS and include these hashtags in your tweets. You can join the conversation by liking and retweeting, tweeting out the sample tweets and graphic prepared, and adding new content in your own tweets to help generate twitter activity and build awareness. It helps if you tag media and influential leaders in your community during the Twitter Town Hall. It also helps if you invite these folks beforehand.
JOIN THE CONVERSATION.
#PUBLICCHARGE #PUBCHARGEECONOMICS #PROTECTFAMILIES
What we’re asking of you: Join in the conversation!
Hosts will be tweeting out questions. Please answer the questions by replying to the question tweet. This will create a tweet stream that can be read as a dialogue. Also:
- answer the questions asked
- ask other questions that come up for you
- share any other information, data or stories you have that support the economic argument.
- retweet others’ tweets so that your followers can become engaged
- “like” all of the messages that go out. The more activity there is the farther it will spread.